- Live set from Matt VennWhen: Sun May 26, 2013 7:30pm to 9:30pm BST Where: Rattlebone Inn Event Status: confirmed
- Woolsack RaceWhen: Mon May 27, 2013 2pm to 5pm BST Where: Gumstool Hill, Tetbury Event Status: confirmed Event Description: 33 years of the world famous event. www.tetburywoolsack.co.uk
- Sherston Occasional Community ChoirWhen: Sat Jun 1, 2013 7pm to 9pm BST Where: British School Rooms Event Status: confirmed Event Description: Featuring Haydn, Stanier, Faure and Mendelssohn.
- Sherston Fest 2013When: Fri Jun 14, 2013 to Sat Jun 15, 2013 Event Status: confirmed
- All Creatures Great and Small - Pet ServiceWhen: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:30am to 10:30am BST Where: Church of the Holy Cross Event Status: confirmed Event Description: A special service of Thanksgiving for Animals. All animals and their owners will be very welcome.
- Sue's StrollsWhen: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10am to 12pm BST Where: Starting from the village hall Event Status: confirmed Event Description: Returning to the Rattlebone for complimentary seasonal victuals.
- Midsummer fete and open gardens trailWhen: Sat Jun 22, 2013 to Sun Jun 23, 2013 Where: Village hall Event Status: confirmed Event Description: If you would like to open your garden ( all proceeds go towards the upkeep of Sherston Church), please contact Pat Whitehouse 840640, or Heather Martin 840375.
- Olympic Legacy DayWhen: Sat Jun 29, 2013 Where: The rec Event Status: confirmed Event Description: Olympic-themed sports on the rec for local children. Details to follow.
- Live set from Matt Venn
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Dates 11th to 20th October. Our programme this year will include some real treats whatever your taste in the arts.
Our main classical concert is on Friday 18th October by Opera Sulis, a group of professional singers who will provide snippets of some of the best tunes and arias from favourite operas and musicals.
We have an Art History lecture by Paul Chapman ( well known in the area for his entertaining talks) on the Best of British Art.
There will be another children’s puppet show brought to us by Rural Arts ( title to be confirmed). Those who remember Squashbox Puppet Show last time will not want to miss this.
Alongside these events there will be lots of opportunity for everyone to take part – make a scarecrow for the Scarecrow Trail, take photos for the Photographic Exhibition ( themes will be announced shortly), enter pictures for the Art Exhibition in Church or for the Young Artists Exhibition. This year we want to particularly encourage teenage artists.
More details of all of these will be available soon and entry forms can be downloaded from this website.
I will be teaching a new 6 week course in Sherston on Monday evenings starting at the beginning of June:
Pregnancy Yoga - 5.45-6.45pm
Beginners Yoga - 7.00-8.00pm
Improvers Yoga - 8.15-9.15pm
The dates of the next six week course are as follows:
Week 1: Monday 10th June
Week 2: Monday 17th June
Week 3: Monday 24th June
Note: I wont be teaching a class on Monday 1st July
Week 4: Monday 8th July
Week 5: Monday 15th July
Week 6: Monday 22nd July
Cost £45. Be in touch for further information or to book your place.
19:00 – 20:00
Beginners and for those looking for a lower impact class.
Contact Kathryn Chandler for further information or to book your place on:
Applications to the 2013 Boules tournament can no longer be made; applicants will be notified during May, as to whether they have been successful in the draw for the tournament.
Annual Parish Meeting Thursday 23rd May 7.30 pm Village Hall
This is the opportunity for any resident of the parish to raise any subject of concern to them in the parish. Whilst the PC Chairman John Matthews chairs the meeting this is not a PC meeting but one for residents. There will be an update of progress on the Neighbourhood Plan.
For those of you concerned about parking around the school and the proposed double yellow lines this would seem an ideal occaision to raise them
The meeting usually takes around 90 minutes. Refreshments will be available.
The Flying Monk ground Malmesbury will host a fundraising event for Malmesbury Victoria FC on the afternoon of Sunday 30th June. Live music, stalls, bouncy castles, and children’s rides, bar and BBQ plus much more. Free entry!
The Mangledwurzels are the headline band a Scrumpy & Western tribute to Adge Cutler and The Wurzels www.mangledwurzels.co.uk
Stalls available – only £5 in advance for individuals / community groups (or £10 on the day if still available) for a 3m x 3m outside pitch – bring your own tables and gazebo if needed. For trade stands its £10 in advance or £20 on the day – if still available. To book a phone 01666 823589 or email firstname.lastname@example.org